The town center of Akureyri, a picturesque town of 16.000 people, located in North-Iceland, needs to be revitalized.
A consortium of influential private companies is sponsoring this competition to solicit new ideas for planning and urban renewal in the town.
The competition brief, available for download below, is based on extensive consultation with the public and stakeholders.
- Opening date: November 10th, 2004
- Last day for inquiries: January 14th, 2005
- Submission deadline: March 1st, 2005
- Results announced: April 14th, 2005
- Prizes awarded: April 21st, 2005