Global competition open to all university University/college students and young
professionals (who have graduated within the last 5 years) with the aim of designing temporary housing solutions for areas affected by a natural disaster.
Design a region specific temporary housing unit of no more than 400 sq. ft. for a family of four. The unit must exhibit how the design and placement of temporary shelters can maintain/restore a sense of self, and social and cultural identity. The unit should include (at a minimum):
- A sleeping area, a food preparation area, and a bathroom.
- The unit must be assembled and disassembled with ease for practical transportation.
- The design must respond to the local community and culture.
- Sustainable solutions should be considered.
- Think outside the box, push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.
- Issues to consider when designing: possible lack of potable water, lack of security, waste management, lack of power, natural elements such as climate, rain.
- The unit must be of sound structure and afford the user a sense of security, a tent is not permitted.
Entry Fees: $ 25 along with application form